Wednesday, December 26, 2012

12.06.12 - Brubeck, B Sides & Byze One

LISTEN TO THE ARCHIVE AT JAMAICAROCK.COM



















I have always had an affinity for certain types of jazz music, especially the older songs and especially the song Take Five. It was so cool when I found reggae versions of this song, and songs that took Take Five and made it into a riddim. So as a tribute to the passing of the composer Dave Brubeck I dedicated the first part of the show to some of my favorite takes on Take Five. A couple years ago Scratch Famous did an hour tribute to the same riddim on the Deadly Dragon Sounds show you can check out here. I was also in the mood to just check out some of my B Sides aka versions before our good friend Byze One joined us with a set of some of his favorites he brought to the East Coast with him while in town for the Street Industry Awards. Check the archives and rest in peace, Mr. Brubeck.

No comments:

Post a Comment