Wednesday, June 12, 2013

05.30.13 - Andy Shaw of Metro Stylee in the studio

LISTEN TO THE ARCHIVE AT JAMAICAROCK.COM

Andy Shaw of Shaw Promotion aka Andy Stylee
The Specials









































This was a very special show for me, one of my oldest and dearest friends Andy Shaw joined me in the studio to talk about his upcoming reunion with his band Metro Stylee. He introduced me to ska and reggae way back in the 90s as the third wave ska revival was happening. Like Andy I was enamored with the rude boys, skinheads, scooters, tattoos, the fashion, the scene and most of all the music. Through this third wave I traced my way back to the foundation of the music and continued to fall in love with reggae chronologically. In a way, I wish I had known about the insane dancehall happenings popping off at that time in New York but honestly I don't regret a thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment