Wednesday, September 11, 2013

08.22.13 - Bunny, Beenie & Steely

LISTEN TO THE ARCHIVE AT JAMAICAROCK.COM




























































This show was inspired by the birthdates of Bunny "Striker" Lee (August 23rd), Beenie Man aka Anthony Moses Davis (August 22nd) and Wycliffe "Steely" Johnson (August 18th), may he rest in peace. I could have easily done a whole show on each of these artists (and may someday) but I thought it was fitting to put them all together as well. One of my favorite producers and living legend Bunny Lee had produced the very first album that Beenie Man made, at the tender age of 10 years old. Beenie Man has also worked with the prolific Steely of Steely & Cleevie. I tried to tie together the songs in a cohesive way, leaving out some of the songs I play more often on the show, but like I said these artists have songs for days. Check the archive and playlist. Nuff respect, as always, to the artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment