Tuesday, May 14, 2013

05.02.13 - Ken Boothe, Justin Hinds, Jacob Miller Special

LISTEN TO THE ARCHIVE AT JAMAICAROCK.COM





For this show I used these three amazing artists as my inspiration. I have had Ken Boothe tunes in my record box at every single gig I have played in the last 10+ years (thousands). I owe him so much for inspiring me with his music. He played the next night, May 3rd in Brooklyn and I don't think I have been that excited to see a show in years and he totally murdered it. Nuff respect to Crazy Baldhead for backing him. I lost my voice from singing so much! I play his songs all the time so I stuck to ones I haven't played in a while for this show. I also found out that Justin Hinds', one of the most popular artists on Treasure Isle, birthday is May 7th (born May 7th, 1942 - March 16th 2005) so I wanted to honor him by playing some of his favorites as well as the late great Jacob Miller. Jacob Miller of course passed far to early at the young age of 27 in 1980. Much respect out to them. Some other tunes as well. Check the archive.



No comments:

Post a Comment