Wednesday, May 29, 2013

05.16.13 - Ras Tayo of Majestic Twinsound guest selects

LISTEN TO THE ARCHIVE AT JAMAICAROCK.COM

Ras Tayo aka Dirty 45

Queen Majesty and Winston Riley






































I was very happy to finally have Ras Tayo on the show! Based in Brooklyn, Ras Tayo has been spinning music with his twin brother Ras Kehinde (aka General ki) all around the world for more than 15 years as the Majestic Twinsound. Twinsound is one of the most respected roots sound system in NYC, having opened for nearly every reggae artist under the reggae banner, as well as throwing monthly parties and continuing to release their own productions through their label, Ghetto Roots Records.

I start out the show with some favorite and classic tracks by The Techniques, as well as killer tunes on Winston Riley's Techniques label. One of my favorite groups and one of my favorite producers, I wanted to give a little tribute to him as his birthday was May 14th. The photo above is from when I was lucky enough to meet Mr. Riley at his studio in Jamaica. Maximum respect and may he rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment